AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I recently purchased the Nintendo Wii and the official component cables for it (so it could play in 480p). When I hooked it up to my Sony KV-30HS420 (CRT) I noticed that all of my games have a strong yellow tint that essentially destroys all the colors. Strangely, I had this problem about a year ago on my Xbox 360 but one day the problem stopped.

In order to try and fix it I obviously checked to make sure that all connections were solid and even switched to a separate component input on my TV but the problem continued to persist. I also double-checked that my settings in the Wii system menu were correct (e.g. output in 480p, 16:9 widescreen, etc.) but nothing seems to work.

I am not sure if this is relevant but I have had my digital cable hooked up to this TV via component cables for over a year and have never once had an issue regarding bad color (or in this case yellowish color). The only time I seem to have had problems has been with a video game console.

Does anyone know what the problem might be and how I might be able to fix it? Thanks a ton for the help guys!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.