AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my Component cable connectors came off where it connects into the back of the receiver..I think a esult of the receiver being moved in/out too much. Whats the best/easiest way to put the connector back on. I do not have a solder gun. I think they were the python brand. Thank you

· Registered
268 Posts
Well you would either have to re-crimp or solder. If the existing plug is a solder type, it is just a simple clean the ends of the wire and resolder. If the connector is a crimp type, then you would have to prep the wire end with stripping some of the insulation, get a new crimpable connector and redo the connection that way. Just be aware with cutting/stipping one of the wires will shorten it compared to the other, so you may have to do it to the other end as well.

This is provided that you have the tools to do the job properly (crimper/solder station), or know of someone that can do it for you, otherwise, it is almost easier to just get a new cable.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.