AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have ordered the Panny 50" and plan on hooking up my Camelot DVD to it, but I am unfamiliar with component cables. Out of the Camelot it uses a component cable with 3 RCA jacks on it, but on the Panny 50" it look likes it connects to a component cable with 5 BNC connectors on it. Is this correct? I plan on getting the cable from BetterCables and want to make sure I order the right cable.

All help is appreciated.

Tim

·
Registered
227 Posts
Sounds right. In the setup menu, config the panny plasma input to Component. use BNC connectors on the panny end, RCA on your DVD player end. Use 3 of the 5 panny input BNCs:

Red to Pr

Green to Y

Blue to Pb

·
Registered
132 Posts
If you are ordering from BetterCables, you can order a custom component cable with RCA connectors on one end and BNC's on the other. I just ordered a similar one from them. Good quality cable.

Gaber

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help. I was confused when there were 3 connections on one side and 5 on the other. I thought the cable had to be that way.

Tim

·
Registered
43 Posts
Basically, if your source device outputs component signal, your plasma will accept component input using three (the R,G,&B) of the inputs with BNC connectors, leaving the H and V inputs unused. You may need a RCA to BNC breakout cable or you may get RCA to BNC adapters for your DVD player at Rat Shack and then use a BNC to BNC cable. You must make sure that "component" is chosen as the input on your display input menu. All 5 RGBHV inputs on your display would be used only with devices that output RGB signals.

Good luck,

JH

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.