AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are finishing our basement, and I intend to create a HT room. I am planning on running component cable between the built-in A/V rack and the TV stand. The distance will be about 15ft. Should I expect to see pq degradation if I was to run component cables? What's the maximum distance for DVI cables? I am a newbie when it comes to HT building--any recommendations on wall plates, and cable types (gauge)? Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
If I remember correctly, DVI is recommended up to 15FT in length. Component should be okay at 15 ft as well.

I personally don't like using wall-plates. It's just another point of termination that isn't needed.

Best advice I've heard for new construction is to run PVC or some type of conduit in the walls so that you can easily run new cable in the future.

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
People here have reported good results making component cables from solid copper center wire RG59 and RG6 cable for runs over 100'. While any DVI cable in the neighborhood of 15' and shorter will work as well as any other, longer runs may start to show "sparklies".

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.