AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to use 50' component cable to connect my receiver to 4805. Here is the cable I am looking at.

Will this be too long and will it degrade the signal? Obviously, video quality is paramount. I am currently using 25' component without any problems.

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
If it's a quality cable then it shouldn't degrade. It looks decent from the picture, but I'd make sure there's a good return policy should you not be satisfied.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGoop
I would like to use 50' component cable to connect my receiver to 4805. Here is the cable I am looking at.

Will this be too long and will it degrade the signal? Obviously, video quality is paramount. I am currently using 25' component without any problems.
I am using this cable and it works quite well. No hum bars, no degradation, no difference between this and a 6 foot monster cable.

Steren 254-550IV HDTV Component Video Cables 3RCA to 3RCA - 50'

If you google on this you will find it for around $30.00.

Just so you know. Steren is one of the largest suppliers of tools and components to the Cable TV and Sat industry. They make some of the finest stripping and crimping tools around. Please don't pay for overpriced monster cable.

Chuck

·
Registered
352 Posts
I made a 50' cable at home - used a CAT 6 ethernet cable and soldered RCA connectors. Works beautifully; cost me less than $ 25 with tax! The best is that this is white, thin and easy to route.

I had a 3-core, 25" $ 50 component cable next to it and my eyes could not tell the difference between the PQ thro' these cables

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.