AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wife wants to try her Star Fox Adventures on the Z1... but I am not about to hook up SVideo to my beloved projector. Can anyone recomend an online store to buy the cables thats not the Nintendo store? A friend ordered his there and waited 2 months for them to come in. She's almost done with Syberia so time is critical!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Frank -

I've seen the component cables on Ebay from time to time but make sure its not some scam or terrible thing someone cooked up in their basement.

I just placed my order for the component cables from Nintendo yesterday and got an email this morning confirming they shipped. Maybe your friend caught them while they were on backorder or something.

I have faith the postal service will come through for me here. The only way I see it taking a while is if this hurricane hits us down here and stops the mail. I would go with the cables from Nintendo. Chances are you aren't going to beat their price and it doesn't look like I'll be waiting long.

Good luck!

·
Registered
568 Posts
I also had no trouble getting my component cables from Nintendo, nor did any of my friends. It may have just been a stroke of bad luck.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I actually found them at a local video game store, though I think it's only a Canadian chain (Microplay). They added a nice little 20% markup to the online price, but they were there for the picking, so I paid the extra. Also, I called my local Nintendo service center, and they said the could order them and get them in a week. As you can see, I'm still in the dark-ages of retailer purchasing.

Shawn

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info. Off to Nintendo.com I guess.

·
Registered
6 Posts
got mine late last year from third-party online (cant remember, but took two days ship express)

recently looked for a friend and there are a few sites that you can order from online: Lan-Kwie?, gocybershop, and others, all for around 37 plus shipping (I payed 50+)

if still curious as to other sites just type in "Nintendo Component Cable/purchase" in google

also, wife playing Syberia huh? just got from my sister for B-day and am playing it (let the wife know that early next year the next one comes out and also if she is in to adventure games, check out justadventure.com)

Best wishes,

Beau

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.