Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally took the plunge and ordered the unit along with a 92

Da-Lite HCCV screen. My problem is, up until now I've been using a

RPTV and my dvd player was near the TV, so I used audioquest

component cables. Now, since it will be ceiling mounted, and will at least

be 15-20feet away from the dvd player, I was wondering what cables

do you guys recommend a progressive component in from my dvd player?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
good question, i have the same question...

what good quality, but relatively inexpensive, 25 foot component cables do you guys recommend for use with the L300U?

thanks...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I searched around and saw a similar thread so I ended up going for a 45 dollar 30foot cable from s-video.com. I'm going to compare them with my audioquest component cables and see if there is a difference. Though there's no way I can afford audioquest cables in 30feet =)

I'll post an update as soon as the cable and the projector arrives, which should be about a week.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by nle
I searched around and saw a similar thread so I ended up going for a 45 dollar 30foot cable from s-video.com. I'm going to compare them with my audioquest component cables and see if there is a difference. Though there's no way I can afford audioquest cables in 30feet =)

I'll post an update as soon as the cable and the projector arrives, which should be about a week.
I have the svideo.com cables (30ft) and have been happy with them. They are very small and flexible, but don't let that make you doubt them. I have found them very easy to route through some surface mount cable channels.

It's great when something is good and inexpensive!

·
Registered
96 Posts
I made my own with RG-6 and gold 'F' connects with RCA adapts from Rad Shack. Works great for Composite also. Here's a pic.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Ditto on the SVideo.com cables. I have A/B'd them with a MUCH shorter run of monster component cables (6ft.) and there is absolutely no real difference. I tend to have a critical eye, and I would whole-heartedly recommend the Svideo.com cables. Don't let the price fool you!

-Tim

·
Registered
56 Posts
These professional cables specially designed for projector use and they are relatively cheaper than monstercable...
http://www.canare.com/componentvidcablecvr.html

They have low loss signal on the distances up to 300' and more, which is critical for good picture quality in home installations.

And it comes all-in-one, meaning, that only one cable can be installed, instead of three....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.