AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to run some RGB cables from ceiling to one of my sidewall. Just want to know if it's wise to use RGB wall plates ( x2 for ceiling & wall ) or should I run it continuously from PJ to Amp.

thanx in advance :D

Jon

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
It will not make a difference especially if you use BNC connectors. That said I would not use a wall plate but that is a matter of personal preference.

Alan

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alan:

thanx for that :D

What would you use?

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
I run my wires without the wall plate. But then I have so many wires coming out of the wall and often out of the ceiling to the projector that I do not have a choice. If I run a DVI cable I do not know of a wall plate for this. While there are DVI to RGB adapters I do not know if it is worth the effort.

I would not use the wall plate but perhaps I need to be more anal. That said I would run my RGB cables out of the wall into the switcher and out of the ceiling into the projector. The issue is aesthetics and time not signal quality or degradation.

Alan

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alan:

Thanx again...

But if I use the wall plate, will I suffer from "signal quality or degradation."

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alan:

Thanx for your help. I guess I'll be busy this weekend.....but if the weather turn nasty hot ( 34 C ) I have to postpone it. I don't want to cook my self in the ceiling. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.