AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried a good 75 ohm RG6 Quad Shield terminated with low loss F connectors (such as the Augat Snap n Seal) using an F female to RCA instead of some of the rather over priced component cables?

Dave

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
I use low price audio visual cables for the component connection to my dvd player and it works great. Component cables are just three shielded cables with RCA phono conectors.

Rick

·
Registered
457 Posts
I'm using a bundle of three 25' RG6 (Radio Shack out of the box) between my DVD player and my projector. I needed F to RCA connectors on the DVD, and F to BNC on the projector. Total cost about $40, and that's after the extra $1.25 each for the gold connectors. Signal looks good to me.

------------------

DVI/HDCP makes your HDTV not ready

·
Premium Member
2,564 Posts
Depends on how long a run. At six feet, anything decent (eg rat shack gold component, which is 3 RG/59u cables) should be fine. RG6 QS with good connections is about as good as it gets for longer runs, you do need to have good connetions.

The one problem with the F to RCA is thats its probably not a true 75 ohm connection, so you can end up with some reflections. However, most rca input/output jacks are not true 75 ohm connections either. If the manufacturer of the equipment cared enough about impedence, they would have used BNC connectors, whose impedence is much easier to control.

------------------

Alex

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.