Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Component Cables

Hi, I was wondering if some one could help me with some info and suggestions on Component cables? I have a Marantz S2 projector which I want to connect to my HDTV Cable Box, DVD player, and X-Box. To make this connection I need at least 40 foot component cables. Am I going to suffer signal loss and lower picture quality with such a long component run? Are there any recomended component cables for long run HDTV and DVD signals ?

Any thoughts or help would be appreciated.

thanks

·
Registered
908 Posts
I use 8 meter component cables from Better Cables . They make component cables up to 31 meters long. Their Silver Serpent 39 + feet long list for $210. You probably can find some cheaper, but the bottom line is that you shouldn't have a problem connecting at this length.

Tom

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Unless you just have pockets full of cash and need to empty them a bit, there's absolutely no need to spend such a ridiculously high sum of money on component cables for a 40 foot run. $85-$140 tops for a quality made cable and connectors (and 50 feet of it). PM me and I'll give you a few links to various cable sources I keep in my favorites list. And frankly, if you can deal with the stiffness and size, there's nothing wrong at all with using RG-6, F-connectors, and some RCA to F-connector adapters. For $210 you could buy 2,000 feet of RG-6 and at least 20 or 30 connectors and adapters.

·
Registered
908 Posts
I wasn't advocating spending that much money. It was given as an example and that 40' should not be a problem. I, too, shop for bargains, a long with quality.

Tom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.