AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, nobody laugh. This is my first post and its a plea for help. I just purchased an Infocus Screenplay 4800 and I need some component cables for it. Is there a good source for this type of cable that wont set me back $200? I need a set that is about 12 to 15' long since I am running them through the walls and ceiling. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Really? Only 12-15 feet to go from your DVD player, into and through the wall and ceiling and over to your projector??? Are you sure it does need longer cables? I'd leave a little extra slack just in case. But that's just me.

·
Registered
452 Posts
You can Google "component video cables" and get plenty of vendors. I picked mine up from Triangle Cables. I picked up my SVGA cable from Pacific Cables which has every type of cable you could want.

·
Registered
251 Posts
... or if what you **really** need is a longer component to VGA cable, and are not scared of a soldering iron.... do a search in this forum for "RGBHV over shielded Cat 5 success!". There are also very good instructions on how to do this at the following web address: myhometheater.homestead.com/vgacable.html

I would post the link, but I have under 5 posts.

·
Registered
4,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks to everyone for the great suggestions. Especially to Silver, that ComCat website was just the ticket and guess what...they are 10 minutes from my work. I am going to stop by there and check out what else they have! Thanks again!

·
Registered
911 Posts

·
Registered
4,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
colin, I started out going for the X1 and then opted for the SP4800. Basically, it was because the SP4800 comes with some extra goodies and has some factory preset modes for viewing movies, etc. Other than that I believe they are pretty much the same unit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.