AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have panny cp72. was using the svideo to front projector. everything looked fine.

then tried hooking up component output to projector. Colors WAY OFF. Like its a wierd red hue over everything. A fireball explosion has no yellow or orange.. just kind of pink and red. The opening Star Wars letters are Green. I rechecked cables that they're all in right color coded jacks.

Do i need to send this back or is there something I'm missing?

Thanks

·
Registered
855 Posts
Are the settings on your dvd player and projector set to progressive?

'Cause it sure sounds like you have the cables hooked up wrong.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I have a (near) portable Koss DVD player that I had the same problems with. Then I found in the setup I had to select for component cable instead of s-video. Made the switch and all of a sudden the colors were correct. I hope it is that easy for you!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Sounds like your projector is set for RGB and not YPbPr. Look for a setting in the menu that changes the input type.

Don

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
Make sure your component cables are connected properly (again). You may have the the red and blue reversed...Green is for sync and has to be correct or you wouldn't get any image.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks all.. still have same problem. It's like there is no yellow!

components are connected properly. when i switched red and blue, the image went to a blue tint instead of red.

·
Registered
28,074 Posts
One of your cables may be dead. This happened to me once. Replace the cables and see if that helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.