AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a dishnetwork dvr 501 and a sanyo z2 projector. Normally my projector is connected to my sony dvd player via a component cable through my walls. I was wondering if it would be possible to convert the component cables connected to my dvd player into s-video or composite so I can watch certain programs on my projector without re-wiring my room, then, all i'd have to do is take out the cable from the dvd player convert it, and then put it into my reciever. Any help would be appreciated. :)

I also have an outlaw 950 preamp

·
Registered
177 Posts
You can pull the cables off of the back of the DVD player, and from the projector. Then plug one from the DVD player (say the Red) into the Dish receiver's composite out, and the matching color from the opposite end into the composite in of the projector.

I've seen somewhere before an S-video to 2 RCA adaptor where you'd use two cables from the back of the DVD player. But if it just something you want to watch once and be done with it, then I'd just go with the single composite cable for the quick and dirty approach.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks! free and decently awesome

basically vhs quality on a huge screen (great for the orange bowl)

thanks again

-docman

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.