AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok...so my BD disc collection is starting to get a bit unmanagable and i think it's time to build a media tank. Here's what i need/want it to do

iTunes front end for music/movie playback via optical direct to AVR and stream to multiple Airport expressed and ATV2s

Nice GUI for easy navigation of movie library in the HT via a Harmony One remote. Would like to use the same format as iTunes/mp4. JRiver? MC7? XBMC? Can these front ends 'share' an iTunes movie library?

Blueray drive for ripping discs to library. BD player already in place so no need for direct playback from this drive

SSD boot drive and two 2tb 3.5 HDDs....should be enough....for now.

Media Center case format to match my rack gear. Micro ATX would be preferred as i found a nice case from Silvertsone that matches my gear.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811163174

Would like to keep the cost under $500 case included.

No need for TV/recording...there's an Xfinity DVR already in place.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Windows 7 Media center can be set to look for music and video in the itunes library. I use mediabrowser as an add-on for 7MC and it works great for me. As far as the hardware that caes looks nice, a intel matx board that can run the i3 should work (lets not start the AMD vs intel, I actually like AMD better but the i3 works). I would pick a cheap bluray drive off newegg, they have some SSDs on sale right now as well.

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My biggest concern actually is picking the right MoBo as i would like to run integrated graphics and audio. I have been told the i3 is the way to go in this case. Once a MoBo is selected with this in mind i can find/purchase the appropriate Ram and drives..Sata3/6?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.