AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe it's a silly question and there's a better way.

Maybe it's been discussed before and I just didn't search very good...

Is there such a thing as Component IN to an HTPC? Here's the plan -

I have both and XBOX and Gamecube as well as a TWC HDTV Cable box (3000HD) all with Component out. My projector (a 730NTU) does pretty good at displaying the HDTV signal (1080i/480p) but it does remarkably well displaying a "real" 1024x768 HTPC signal (as can be expected).

So I figured, what the heck, maybe if I pipe the signal through the HTPC I can have my cake and eat it too.;)

Any suggestions? Am I going about it all wrong?

Thanks,

Flipper

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
The old HOLO3D has component in but it only allows 480i in. Try taking a look at the new HOLO3D II. It looks very nice indeed.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Perhaps, depends on your projectors deinterlacing and scaling capabilities. I would, if I were you, pick up a FlyVideo2k or something and try out svideo input with DScaler first to see if it makes a worthwhile difference. If so, and you want to spend the money on what is currently the best HTPC based capture card, go for it.

-pd

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
You could just get an XCapture card with a s-video input with a multiple s-video switcher and run it thru dScaler and that would work also and would be so much cheaper. Still would'nt work for your hi-def stuff like games or HDTV.

peace

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.