Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

up until now i was only interested in RGB input on my XG 110-1 (LC). Now that the XBOX seems to have only YUV output through the HDTV box, i am looking into a solution for that.

If i remember correctly, my 1101 doesn't accept YUV like the 1352, right?

Can a board be switched for this to work? Can i buy a second input card that i can permanently switch to YUV input?

Best regards

Bjoern

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Bjoern,

Li On posted this a while back. "The XG85 accepts component video input from 480i to 1080i/720p so you can just plug any component video directly into the XG85. No need for a transcoder." See link. I have not tried it yet myself. I did purchase a second RGB input board for my HD STB. $400/us OUCH! Now if this works it looks like I might need another, OUCH OUCH!

Off Topic: If you ever get a chance to explain your 4 way masking system for your screen I would be very interested knowing more about it.

Mike

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hm, then maybe he has a XG 85"2", which has the component feature like the XG 135"2".

But there never was a XG 110"2", and the 1 revision didn't have YUV.

Right? Anybody?

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Bjoern,

I just pulled out the data sheet on the xg RGB Input module part # XGRGBIN(A). It has 3 jumpers and a rotary switch to configure. The 3 jumpers S1002,S1003 & S1004 can be configured to Video or RGB. There is a table that shows when the jumpers are configured in the video position the Red bnc connector is video, the Green is Y and the Blue is C. You must also have the rotary switch set for Video or RGB. I don't know if this helps or not.

Mike

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mike,

thanks for the info. From your description, though, it seems like 'Video' is just that, (Y/C) and not actually Component (YUV)?

Doug, wasn't it you who collects XG1101 for a passion? Bueller, anyone? :)

Bjoern

·
Registered
869 Posts
Sorry guys:

Only the "2" series of the XGs will allow for connection of a component input (xg-852/xg-1352).

The documentation in the service manual is fuzzy for the "1" series (xg-1101/1351/7501), but I have not been successfull in getting a direct component input to the projector with the "1" series.

Jeff in Detroit

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by PF
So, how can you tell whether or not an XG is series 1 or 2?
Easy. Get the XG85 because there's only XG852! Sorry! The revision (0/1/2) is marked on the projector classic besides the model number. Find it and read it!

At the beginning (well, after PG series!), there were XG750, XG1100 XG1100 and XG1350. Then came XG751, XG1101LC and XG1351LC. Finally, there are XG852 and XG1352LC. That means ANY XG85 is XG852 and accepts direct component connection. Any XG75 and XG110 are either 0 or 1 and don't support direct component. For the XG135, only the lastest XG1352LC supports direct component connection.

regards,

Li On

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Thanks Li On for the clarification. I will have to check to see what I have. Its still in its original shipping box in my garage. I took it out of the box to check it then put it back away. I have a couple of other projects to finish before I change from my BG-800. The biggest thing is I have to deside what I will do for a screen. Still using a crummy 4:3 screen.

Mike

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
I was kinda debating on how to do something similar myself. I'm interested in the X-box for it's widescreen HD capabilities for games, but obviously it doesnt output RGBHV like my Marquee 8501LC wants ;).

I was hoping it'd have a VGA out or something like that, but it doesn't look like it will. If it had, i could get a VGA switchbox to switch between the HTPC and the X-Box and even my old DreamCast. No need to run extra cables to the projector then.

An other option then is to get a component to VGA/RGB box and then a switcher, but i don't like having analog devices like that in sequence.

So then a "last" option would be to put some sort of "component in" capture card in the HTPC, but i don't know of any card that can do that.

Still going over options...

Gertjan

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.