AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been following all the more recent threads re component switching(from RS to high end ) and have searched both here and over in the audio forum re new audio receivers with component switching. (see, as example, http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/Forum11/HTML/012171.html http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/Forum11/HTML/014136.html )

My question is this: right now have Mits HD5 and Sci Atl 2000 cable into RS switcher( I know, I know--but my back is bad and I needed an instant, temporary fix, which is why I am asking in this thread!) to Mits 65905. I am using an older(at work and cannot remember the exact model) Yamaha Receiver without any component switching and Barely adequate DD inputs(have to a/b two of the digital audio sources (Prog DVD/Mits DTV/OTA) because of not enough optical or coax inputs. So I could use another(this will be 4 in five years..just keep getting better, better, more complex, and added features, sigh. However because of this continuing improvement, cost drops, new formats THX, DD7.1 etc., I could also see waiting a year and instead purchasing a component switcher with audio. i would probably need at least four to 1 switching with preferential or IR control(have a pronto) for Mits STB, HD Cable, DVD, HTPC and maybe X-Box. I ordered a new Audio authority catalogue to look at their equipment, mentioned on several threads(90-a53, etc.), that is not on their website.

So to the question, bearing in mind the above, how happy are people with receivers that component switch, and have at least 50mb bandwidth(figuring 35mb minimum for hdtv and Mits resolution capacity), switch at least two component(mid level denons, yamahas, and are cheaper flagships the onkyo 696)? Or after looking at the AA catalog(have ruled out 4-5K scaler switchers ,extron,keydigital etc)or inline and determining the best 3+ component with digital audio switcher, buying that and holding off for a bit on a new receiver, based on deveoping changes in technology?

Any thoughts or advice , thanks in advance.

Bill

------------------

Cranial Nerve II With control by III, IV, and VI

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No thoughts on this and/or opinions?

Bill

------------------

Cranial Nerve II With control by III, IV, and VI

1 - 2 of 2 Posts