AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have Comcast Cable with a Motorola DCT6200 box connected with component cables to my Sony KDL-40W3000. Do you guys think I would see a difference if I traded for a box with HDMI hook up?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,806 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by William K /forum/post/12862698

I have Comcast Cable with a Motorola DCT6200 box connected with component cables to my Sony KDL-40W3000. Do you guys think I would see a difference if I traded for a box with HDMI hook up?

Thanks

Probably not. I have a DirecTV DVR and it looked the same to me via component vs. HDMI. With a good TV and source 1080i over component should have just as good PQ as HDMI.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by William K /forum/post/12862698

Thanks

The DCT6200 has a DVI output. You can convert that to video HDMI and make a comparison. BTW, your Sony KDL very likely has a better upconversion processor, so I would recommend setting 4:3 override to 480i on the 6200, if you haven't done it already.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by raouliii /forum/post/12863049

The DCT6200 has a DVI output. You can convert that to video HDMI and make a comparison. BTW, your Sony KDL very likely has a better upconversion processor, so I would recommend setting 4:3 override to 480i on the 6200, if you haven't done it already.

Thanks for the suggestions I'll give the override a try but I don't have any HDMI cables so I'll have to hold off on that one right now. I was going to order some from Monoprice if I traded for the receiver with HDMI.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by William K /forum/post/12863359

Thanks for the suggestions I'll give the override a try but I don't have any HDMI cables so I'll have to hold off on that one right now. I was going to order some from Monoprice if I traded for the receiver with HDMI.

Here is a 6 ft Monoprice DVI to HDMI Cable $4.24 + shipping

1 - 5 of 5 Posts