AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 42U rack that is primarily used for audio equipment. I need to know the best location to mount each component within the rack causing the least amount of interference. The ceiling of the rack has 3 air flow fans, and the bottom of the rack holds a computer switch, router, patch panel, and server. Optimally placing the remainder of the equipment within the upper 2/3 of the rack is my challenge. I have a rack-mountable B&K Ref 50 controlling a 5 channel Adcom GFA7000 130 watts per ch, and a 12 channel B&K 1260 Amp (55 watts per ch) for the rest of the house. I also of a rack mountable monster power center. The rest of my equipment sits on shelves; Scientific Atlantic Box, TIVO, VHS, HP MusicJukebox, & Sony DVD. I feel the power amps should be placed at the top of the cabinet to utilize the cooling fans, but should they be next to each other (each component has about 2 " clearance? Should the Monster power center separate the two power amps? Where should the REF-50 go with respect to the power center, two amps, and computer? The shelved component placement can be anywhere within the rack, even split up between 2 shelves.

In desperate need of professional help,

Thanks,

Greg

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.