AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have DirectTv Toshiba 3000 hd receiver with a single set of hd component outputs running to my front projector. I use DirectTv exclusively for HDNet, as I have Dish for general and hd programming, and ExpressVu for networks.

I want to get HDNet into a second room. I have two choices and will go with the less expensive.

I can purchase a second Toshiba 3000 hd receiver for $500 delivered and pay the extra $5 monthly programming charge for the second receiver.

Or I can split the Toshiba's component cables into two sets, running one to the front projector and the other to the second room. (The necessary audio and video cables to the second room are already in place for getting my ExpressVu system into that room.)

Is there any at least two component inputs and two component output switchers available for well under $500? Or available at any price, as I would be paying $60/year for the second receiver (as well as the $500 initial cost) if I went with that option.

On another note, how do you folks find time to watch hd, listen to music, watch Netflix dvd rentals, relate to your family et al. I just don't have time to go to work anywmore! http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

Shelly

[This message has been edited by shelly (edited 10-08-2001).]

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the links. The Altinex looks perfesct for my needs but I could not find a price on the web site. I will call them tomorrow for the price, but it looks expensive, at least more than the $500 with which I could just get another receiver.

I have been thinking about a much less expensive solution that I am going to try.

Currently, I have a hd receiver and my progressive dvd player connected to a Radio Shack manual av switcher (using the left and right audio and the composite vides inputs), and high definition on my front projector is awsome. The clarity is the same as my component inputs connected directly from another hd receiver into my projector's other hd input. Many of us believe the passive manual switchbox to be a simple solution for hd and dvd switching.

So I am going to get three Monster male to two female audio splitters and connect them to the red and green and blue component outputs of my Toshiba 3000 hd receiver, and then run one set to the projector and the other set to my other room. I will quickly learn if there is any signal degradation when I turn on HdNet on my projector.

Fortunatly, these are available at 30 day money back catalog shops in case they don't work well. We shall see.

I will still check to see if the Altinex unit is below $500.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.