AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have put together a good system. problem is i am out of component inputs- i want to hook my x-box and gamecube up via component if possible. can anyone recommend a good spliter or other ideas to gain more inputs ? would also like more digital inputs.

·
Registered
703 Posts
What you want is a component Switcher not splitter. There are many made now. Do a search in this forum for component switcher and you will find a bunch of links on where to get them.

The solutions vary in price from under $100 to over $1000 for the high end ones.

Good luck

·
Registered
10 Posts
Short answer, Use a composite switchbox as a component switchbox

:cool: I just went through this with my system, I have a DVD using component connection to my receiver and my playstation2 was hooked up to the other component input on the receiver, I knew I HAD to use component for the xbox, couldnt even think of using svideo or composite :p though my gamecube is using svideo right now because I didnt know that there was a component cable available, can I use an optical cable for sound on the game cube too?

Anyway :p what I did was just get a composite video switchbox, you know, the one with the red,white,yellow, cables for audio and video, I just used that for connecting the component video cables to, works fine and I have heard others say that a composite switchbox is fine for component switching.

I had another problem though, my receiver cant assign two optical inputs to one video input, and since the xbox and ps2 were both using the same component input I had to find a way to split or switch the optical cable, I found a digital optical cable switchbox at JandR.com (J&R.com) it can switch three optical inputs to one input on the receiver end, now that I know that there is a component cable for gamecube I am going to pick one up and if it is like the xbox cable I will be able to connect an optical cable to it and have all three of my sons consoles on the audio/video switchboxes :D

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Slacker, thanks for mentioning that. I thought about suggesting an RCA A/V selector, figuring it should work but I wasnt sure so I didnt post it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.