AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far so good. I have got my HTPC working well out to my home theater amp and to my Mitsu rear projection tv using an ATI dongle for component out to TV and direct digital audio out to amp.

I am however having difficulty getting a second video and audio signal for the rest of the house. The second video needs to be composite or svideo and the second audio needs to be analog two channel. I need these outputs to be simultaneous with the component and digital audio.

Sound card- on board motherboard

Video - ATI radeon 9600XT

Windows Media Center

So far I have tried outputting both the direct digital and analog audio at the same time from the on board audio but I can only output either direct digital or analog audio, not both at the same time. I have also tried installing a second sound card but I run into the same problem. The dvd codec settings only allow digital direct (SPIF) or analog, not both at the same time.

As far as the video goes, I am not able to output both component and svideo at the same time. I believe this is because the card does not support two analog video outputs at the same time. I am thinking a second video card (PCI) might be the answer.

The questions

1. Any ideas on how to handle the dual output audio?

2. Will a second video card work in MCE at a different resolution. Has anyone used two video cards in MCE in a clone setting?

Thanks for any ideas or help.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
I think you expect too much from your HTPC. How about a server for the rest of the house?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hope I am am not expecting to much from my HTPC. I used to do this with a jukebox style DVD player.

Let me go back to the questions.

1. Any ideas on how to handle the dual output audio? Both Digital direct and Analog.

2. Will a second video card work in MCE at a different resolution. Has anyone used two video cards in MCE in a clone setting?

Any help from this group would be appreciated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.