AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm running out of component inputs to my VW10HT. I'm running a progressive scan dvd through one set, a Dish 6000 through my second set. Now I'm getting an X-Box...

Does anyone make a component video switch box that will pass a HDTV bandwidth signal? I know I can utilize a S-Video for the X-Box, but I want to at least run it at 480P, which I beleive means that I have to utilize component. I've heard of a VGA switch box but this would be my last resort since I'd have to replace a 27 ft component run with a similar VGA run. My one component run however is 5RCA-5RCA (this was done in case I had a problem with an individual cable). I can't be the only one out there who has this type of issue...

·
Registered
6,680 Posts
The quick answer is 'yes', but they're rather expensive. Many of us here use standard a/v switcher boxes (video & stereo audio), except use component video cables through them. I haven't noticed any signal degradation on my 40" 16:9 RPTV.

·
Registered
450 Posts
audio authority (800-32-audio) sells the model 90A-053 (or something like that). It's not on the web, though. It's a 4 in 1 out component switch for undeo $190.

------------------

hastalavista!

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
flavorguy (is that your first or last name),

I use a cheap Radio Shack manual a/v 4in 1 out switcher with my 10ht. As has been noted, I find no visible signal loss with hd or dvd. Using the demo loops (which are constant quality), the detail is still amazing.

For convenience, try hooking just the dvd player and one other source to the switcher. Since you have to get up from your seat to load the dvd anyway, you can always leave the switcher set to the other source and manually switch it for watching dvd. When you remove the dvd from the player, just switch back to the other source. Thsat's the way I use it.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Just a quick question, using the abvove mentioned in line unit, and switching YPbPr (RGsB), can the unused BNC switch a DD coax from same source, thus fuctioning as component/audio switcher, or is bw A PROBLEM.

Thanks Bill

------------------

Cranial Nerve II With control by III, IV, and VI

·
Registered
1 Posts
I use IN3582 with my VW10HT. It works great. It is an automatic switch. I use input1 for Dish 6000 and input 2 for DVD player. When DVD player is on, it switches to DVD automatically. When DVD power is off, it switches back to Dish 6000.

Weiping

·
Registered
604 Posts
I also use a pair of the IN3582 units for much the same reason.

It is important to note, however, using this specific switch requires the Dish to be hooked to the "1" input. The reason, as others have noted here, is that the Dish (and perhaps other) receivers is always "on" and as the INLINE uses automatic sensing - if the Dish is hooked to input "2" then input "1" is never going to go live.

regards,

patrick

·
Registered
478 Posts
WPL and patrickthickey,

Where did you purchase the Inline IN3582?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Do you guys mind posting what you paid for this switch. Also would I need different cables? This has BNC connectors. My cables are currently RCA connectors.

TIA

------------------

JD Sherman

·
Registered
478 Posts
jdsherman,

You don't need different cables - but you will need different connectors. This may or may not translate into a new cable purchase for you.

For example, in my case I am using Synergistic Video 1000 cable that uses an 'F' connector with an 'F' to RCA adapter. For me, I will just purchase three 'F' to BNC adapters.

You may be able to do something similar without having to purchase new cables.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thanks Keith. I guess I have to work on the cables and adapters issue.

Anyone else know where and how much for the switch? TIA again.

------------------

JD Sherman

·
Registered
247 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Bill Schmeling:
Just a quick question, using the abvove mentioned in line unit, and switching YPbPr (RGsB), can the unused BNC switch a DD coax from same source, thus fuctioning as component/audio switcher, or is bw A PROBLEM.

Thanks Bill

Anybody who has this unit care to comment?

------------------

Cranial Nerve II With control by III, IV, and VI

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.