AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a 3 input component switch with a remote control? I would like to component switch my hd reciever my htpc and my xbox. Any advice on retailers that carry them.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
I believe they have a 4 input switcher that is RS-232 controllable. And then, if that isn't enough, you can upgrade it to IR remote capability.

www.extron.com

give them a call, they are usually very helpful.

Brian

PS I don't know if they have anything labeled "component" on the site, but the RGB switcher with BNC jacks would be the one to get.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Another solution might be to use a computer KVM switch and break-out cables with a wireless keyboard to switch the input sources. I'm using this method to switch RGB sources for my HDTV, and it works fine. In theory, converting BNC connectors to RCA connectors could create ghosting due to an impedance mismatch, but I have not noticed any visual degradation in my setup.

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
yes the JVC JX-S111 will allow you to switch between component devices but I don't believe it has remote control. It sells for just under 100 dollars

·
Registered
221 Posts
My JVC JX-S555 has threee component inputs and one component output plus an infrared remote. I bought mine over here so the component plugs are the Japanese D connectors which means the component video connection is more compact. I currently have two breakout cables that split the component signal from the D connector to seperate red, green and blue RCA connectors and this setup works just fine for allowing me to switch between my Japanese and US DVHS recorders. I just checked and the JX-S555 is for sale in the US online; over here they go for about 46,000 yen.

Milton Henry
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Milton, the web sites I've seen for the JVC JX-S555 only show 2 component inputs (both in the text and the picture of the back panel).

??

Brian

·
Registered
221 Posts
Brian

The units for the Japanese market must be a little different; I just checked again and inputs no. 3, 4 and 5 all have D connectors and each of the D connectors is labeled D4. My understanding of the various D (digital?) labelings here is that D4 means it can pass signals with bandwidth up to 720 p in addition to 480i, 480p, 1080i (whose bandwidth is equivalent to 540p). Looks like JVC is giving the US market a little less for a higher price.

Milton Henry
[email protected]

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the replies. I believe I am going to go with the audio authority trancoder and the key digital auto sensing component switch. My tv has two othe low res component inputs for 640i and 640p. So I only need the abilty to switch two. I can leave the xbox on the 640p inout. Anyone running this solution.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.