AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone make a reasonably priced component video switcher? Would need to be IR or RS232C controlled.

Thanks,

Seth

·
Registered
117 Posts
Reasonably priced is very debatable, as is quality and the importance of specs.

How many inputs do you require? Professional grade at the highest quality you can use Component or RGBS switchers starting at $500+ new.

I would be happy to give recommendations on specs and brands if this is in your budget.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally posted by Serlin
Reasonably priced is very debatable, as is quality and the importance of specs.

How many inputs do you require? Professional grade at the highest quality you can use Component or RGBS switchers starting at $500+ new.

I would be happy to give recommendations on specs and brands if this is in your budget.
2 inputs would do it. My alternative would be a component card for my Theta Casablanca II at $895 MSRP, so it would need to be significantly less to be attractive. Needs to pass HDTV (720p) signals w/o degradation, and needs to be remote controllable. I'm also checking to see if my local Theta dealer will give me a trade-in on my S-video card.

Thanks,

Seth

·
Registered
117 Posts
You may want to consider an Extron RGBS Switcher (SW2ARMX). It is a 2x1 RGBS switcher (use only the RGB connectors) with RS-232. List is about $700 and according to the AV Science product line page, they sell Extron. It has 600 Mhz (-3dB) bandwidth, which is way more than you need for your 720p signal. This high bandwidth ensures that your signal will pass without being negatively affected.

There are other mfg's of this type of professional grade switcher that you may want to check out. This is the one I have personal experience with.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.