AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to pick this Panasonic xr45 up as my entry level foray into home theater sound and have a quick question regarding the component video switching in regards to my videogame systems.

My TV has 2 component inputs, one standard, one HD. If I hook both an XBox and my PS2 into the receiver, and then run the out to my HD input on my tv, will I be able to use the 480p/1080i capabilities of whichever device I'm using at the time? Basically, I want to know if "Component Video Switching" is a feature that could handle this, or if there is a feature called "HD Component Video Switching" or something on other makes and models of recievers that I may have not seen before that would do precisely what I proposed above.

Thanks in advance!

JB

·
Registered
589 Posts
yes you have it right. Just make sure the bandwith on component switching is rated high. I think its around 33 mhz thats needed for hd component switching.

note that the ps2 does not have many games at all that use progressive input, i think socom is the most known, other people could elaborate. Xbox on the other hand has almost all games in progressive.

have fun

nate

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.