AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there any signal loss or drop in quality if you run a component source through an av receiver before it gets to the television? i've got 3 component source components (dvd, xbox, gamecube) and 2 component inputs on my television. thinking of running the av receiver and the dvd player direct to the television. then running the xbox and gamecube into the av receiver. will there be any drop in quality on the xbox and gamecube as a result of this?

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Hi,

I'm not sure what reciever you have but generally if it comes with component in/out the manufacturer has considered a HighDef sourse as one of the inputs. Ii've read that 1080i (HD) needs 37mhz. My reciever comes with 50mhz and there is no signal loss or problems.

The successor of my reciever comes with 100mhz, but it also does upconversion of composite and svid to a 480i component which maybe the reason for the extra juice.

Anywho if your about to buy something check the specs and if you already own it, plug the stuff in and form your own opinion.

Peter m.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nah, haven't purchased the receiver yet. still drawing everything up to see how it's going to all fit together before i get it. sounds like i don't have to worry about the signal loss then. thanks for the info.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.