AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking to purchase the Denon 2803, but the delaer said it won't do Component video swtiching. He said 3803 does. I am going to hook up the receiver to a Front projector. My components include a Statellite receiver, DVD player, VCR. I didn't budget for 3803. It costs $1200. Is the dealer correct? Thanks.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Per Denon your dealer is FOS.

It also offers component video switching for 2 sources with 100MHz bandwidth for perfect transfer of HDTV signals.

Maybe he was talking about upconverting which the 3803 does.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by 3ems
It also offers component video switching for 2 sources with 100MHz bandwidth for perfect transfer of HDTV signals.

Maybe he was talking about upconverting which the 3803 does.
I am beginning to understand more about this component video switching. I had no idea that we could upconvert s-video and composite video signals to component video signals. I wasn't asking my dealer about that. I was asking him if I could hookup my DBS receiver, VCR and DVD player to the receiver and then use the component video to connect the receiver to the projector. I wanted to know if I could switch between the sources to my projector. I did read up on the 3803 on Denon's web site and understood what upconverting means. I am not too concerned about upconverting all my components.

If the Denon 2803 offers component video switching for two sources (in my case DBS receiver and DVD player), it will do for my needs. I will use s-video/composite to connect the VCR to the receiver.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.