AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched the forum and haven't been able to find an affordable solution and one might not exist.

I'm going to be getting Hughes's D* HD Tivo (HR10-250)soon and, from what I understand, it doesn't output SD (480i thru composite ors-video) while set to display in HD(480p,720p and 1080i) and vise-versa.

I have a need to output to composite while I'm viewing and/or "Tivo"ing in 1080i HD format. My current Samsung HD reciever (SIR TS360) is able to do this.

So far the IScan HD+ is the only thing I could find and it only does it as an afterthought. Since it's more expensive than any other single component (if not all) in my HT set-up, it's not really an option.

If I had both antenna inputs connected for 2 channel recording can one be set to output 480i?

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpy
So far the IScan HD+ is the only thing I could find and it only does it as an afterthought.
The iScan HD+ cannot output a 480i signal, at all, not even as an afterthought.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Right. I misread the product description at the ramelectronics site.

So am I SOL?

Maybe the Samsung 360's will be selling cheap eventually. I know I can connect component 480p in and output composite. It has a good HD terrestrial tuner too.

The one I have now is going in another room.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.