Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a PIO CMX503 w/ PDA 5002.

I current have the Digital Cable Box connected via component cable to Input 2, and an older VCR and DVD Player (through a receiver) to Input 4.

I want to purchase and connect a Progressive Scan DVD Player w/ Component out, and connect it to Input 1 (RGB).

1) Do they make a cable with component (RCA) connectors on one end, and male RGB connector on the other.

2) Can/Should I use either a component cable or RGB cable, and use the correct adapter at one of the ends to convert it.

What is the recommended cable solution for this set up, and are there suggestions where to get them.

Thanks to all for your help.

·
Banned
3,539 Posts
You need to setup in the menu that video input for component signal not RGB. A cable will not convert the format - all you need is a simple RCA-BNC adaptor available at Radio Shack, get 3 of them. There is no such thing as a "RGB" connector - its RCA or BNC.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Component 1 has the VGA port. So you want a VGA to Component cable. Checkout the front page of www.bluejeanscable.com. That should be the cable you want. They are also available from most custom cable guys like bettercable.com, Rhinocables.com etc.

The 503cmx will actually recieve component video from Input 1 so the cable does no conversion - just adapts the different plug styles.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.