Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Sorry if this has already been discussed before, I looked around and searched and couldn't find a whole lot of info. I just purchased a BenQ PB6100 projector and it has VGA and S-video inputs. I am wanting to connect my Component devices to the projector via a VGA to component breakout cable, however, I'm not sure if that is what I want to do. Do you lose anything in converting the Component to VGA? I have seen these YpRpB to VGA transcoders and I'm not sure if I need one of those or if a cable with VGA on one end and 3 RCA Component cables on the other end will do. Also, if a cable is all I need, can anyone recommend a good one? I have seen several on ebay that look really cheap and would like to get something that is good quality and at least 25'.

My main concern though is that I'm not sure what has to be done to a component signal to convert it to VGA and if the signal is going to lose quality, I want to buy a converter box and a long component cable rather than spending my money on a breakout cable.

Thanks for any help,

Matt

·
Registered
510 Posts
Nothing is being done to convert the signal. These PJs all have a "special" VGA port that accepts compnent input via the VGA input. They combine these functions to save money and because real estate is tight on such a small box.

The VGA/Component cable is cheap because it isn't a transcoder. Its basically a compnent cable with a different connector on one end. The ebay ones are probably fine. Several site sponsors (ram electronics comes to mind) sell these at good prices.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, that makes sense. I got one off of Ram electronics, thanks so much for the advice. It looks about twice as good as the ones on ebay and about half the price. Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.