AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best way to convert component out of a progressive scan dvd player to the VGA (R B G H V) input of a crt projector?

I have seen the Audio Authority converter for $160 or so and read a thread over at HTPC on a dongle that some use with the ATI card.

I'm wonderinging if that dongle will also work in this application or if the card has a function with the conversion.

Are there other solutions that I have not found that would be better.

Is there a suitable DVD player with VGA outputs built in. The player I just purchased, due to high praise here, is the Panasonic CP72 if I were to replace it the video of the new system would have to be at least as good.

Thanks

·
Registered
365 Posts
Kort-

KeyDigital ( www.keydigital.com ) sells the KD-CTC2A. It converts progressive component into standard VGA. I use to have one and it worked okay for connecting a DVD Player to a standard VGA computer monitor or projector. Retail is $349 though.

·
Registered
27,978 Posts
Does the VGA input on your projector only allow RGBHV input, or can it be switch to accept YPbPr as well? If the latter, you don't need a transcoder, just a RCA-to-VGA adaptor cable which are much cheaper.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good question, maybe I should open the case and look. The input board on the NEC XG110 is 5 BNCs for R G B H V. The other issue is if it can be switched internally then what do I do with the DTC-100 output that goes straight into the R G B H V or the DVDO output that does as well.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are you saying that even if your feeding it 480p from DVD you could get 720p out on the KeyDigital? I'm only going to use it with the DVD player and if somehow the KeyDigital can increase the output resolution like a doubler I'd pay the extra money, if the output only equals the input then I'll stick with the Audio Authority.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I think Key digital only transcodes component signal to VGA signal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.