AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My plasma's (NEC 42VP4A) Component in is being used by my HD Sat Receiver. The BNC Component in is being used by my xbox (with BNC Adapters from Radio Shack).

Problem: I have a progressive scan Panasonic DVD player and I'm only left with a DVI (non-HDCP) and a VGA in port on the plasma. So......

1) If I go component out from my dvd player to VGA in on my plasma using a Component to VGA cable, will I get the same level of video quality as if I was connecting directly into the component in on my plasma (which is currently being used by my HD Sat receiver) ??

2) If so, which will give me better overall video quality, component to VGA or component to BNC component (using BNC adapters from Radio Shack) ??

Thanks!

R

·
Super Moderator
21,735 Posts
It should be about the same: if the VGA connector can be set to component video it is essentially the same thing

The only difference is the BNC connector input (with adapters to RCA if used) is slightly preferred because the connectors maintain 75 ohm impedance while the pins in a VGA connector do not:

a difference you will not normally notice

·
Registered
878 Posts
Folks:

Maybe my vision is not discriminating enough, but to my eye there has been absolutely, positively no difference in PQ between Component, DB-15 VGA and DVI. This on any and all HD and 480p stuff.

(Sharp LC30, Samsung HD160, Sony Generic non-progressive-scan* DVD)....

FWIW,

AMc

*"progressive-scan" being moot on an LCD....

A.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.