AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Sanyo XP21N that I use an old composite output VCR for my cable television viewing (OTR HD is via Samsung SIR T-150). I want to upgrade the VCR and hopefully the cable image will improve w/ the upgrade. I know I can get S-Video output which might improve the image but I was wondering if anyone knew of a VCR that had component outputs?

Recognizing that even this might not improve the image significantly.

(The XP21N is an awesome unit, I project a 10.5' wide image onto a chocolate brown "washable flat" painted wall and the image is incredible, even as close as 8' from the image. I was going to paint a screen using the Screen Goo System but after seeing the results on the brown wall I opted for the flexibility not having a defined screen offers.)

Thanks in advance and sorry if the post is slightly off topic.

·
Registered
271 Posts
You could get a DVHS player (digital), it will have component output. It will copy high definition TV, but they cost a lot.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Tavernguy2
I have a Sanyo XP21N that I use an old composite output VCR for my cable television viewing (OTR HD is via Samsung SIR T-150). I want to upgrade the VCR and hopefully the cable image will improve w/ the upgrade.
As far as I know, S-Video is the best you can get from a normal VCR. I assume that you are recording the cable material for later viewing?

A DVD recorder is another way to do the recording. Some of them have component ins and outs

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.