AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help! Not sure if this is the right forum category so I have posted in two.

I just bought a Kenwood audio receiver but didn't get "Component Switching" on the model I bought. Problem is I have an HDTV with 2 component "in" and audio reciever with only 1 digital audio "in". I have 3 devices that use component and digital audio: HTPC, DVD and soon a HD Set top box.

I can't be the only one with this limitation? What are you doing...short of me having to buy anohter audio reciever with component switching (anybody want to buy a good "barely" used receiver...) ;)

·
Registered
31 Posts
 markertek.com has the JVC JX-S777 Digital Video and Audio Switcher for $689.

The JX-S777 is the first video switcher with full digital video, component video and digital audio connections. This professional quality switcher uses the highest quality circuitry for no signal loss at any point. It features 8 A/V Inputs, 5 A/V Outputs, 2 Component Video Inputs with Digital Audio, 1 Component Video Output with Digital Audio and 3 i-Link (FireWire) digital video input/output connections.

Product Highlights

3 Full Sets of DV in/out (i-Link) connectors for selection or dubbing between 3 digital components

2 Sets of Component video input terminals

2 Optical inputs

2 Sets of monitor output terminals

1 Line Component Monitor Output

1 Line Processor in/out

1 Line Audio Output

1 Line Optical Audio Output

5 Sets of output terminals

Built-in 13MHz video amp & 1,000 lines of horizontal resolution

Y/C Separator/Mixer circuit

To find this unit, click on Index, then Switchers, Video & Audio.

This unit only has two sets of component video and digital audio inputs, and I believe you want to switch three such inputs. You might want to give markertek.com a call and see if they have anything else better suited to your needs.

You might also want to check out the JVC JX-S555 for $569.95. It can switch two sets of component video and digital audio inputs. It has no firewire capabilities, but can also switch S-Video and RCA audio inputs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.