AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my Toshiba Cinemaseries TV, the component video connection is labeled "Colorstream HD-1" and "Colorstream HD-2." I have my DVR hooked up to my S780 receiver via component video and did the same with my TV. Then when I turned it on, the picture looked pretty fuzzy. There was a large noticeable difference between the way it looked versus the way I had it prior with just the standard composite video connection.

Any ideas why the picture would look so fuzzy? Am I missing a setting somewhere? Do I have to have HDTV to make it look normal? It is an HDTV, but we don't have the HDTV service from the cable company. if I can't get this to look right, I guess I'll go a step lower and use S-Video. If I do that, does the type of video connection from the DVR to receiver and TV to receiver have to be the same i.e. both S-video, or can the DVR be component and the TV be S-video?

Thanks, I need help! :confused:

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
honestly, you should always run your video directly through your tv, i've seen posts from people with $1000 receivers that have the same problem...

don't downgrade from component to s-video, just run it through the tv if you have enough inputs, and if you don't get a $20 passive standard (yellow/red/white) audio/video switcher and use that as a component video switcher. you won't loose a bit of picture quality, even at 1080i, and it will only cost you about $20 or less...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIVE ONE SIX
honestly, you should always run your video directly through your tv, i've seen posts from people with $1000 receivers that have the same problem...

don't downgrade from component to s-video, just run it through the tv if you have enough inputs, and if you don't get a $20 passive standard (yellow/red/white) audio/video switcher and use that as a component video switcher. you won't loose a bit of picture quality, even at 1080i, and it will only cost you about $20 or less...

thanks! I have both s-video and component cables already, with the S-video running from tv to receiver and DVR to receiver. i'll hook up the component video cables from DVR to TV to see if it cuts down on the fuzziness I get with the component cables going directly to the receiver.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.