AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where to find the above? I need one with 3 male RCA jacks (component video) on one end and a (15 pin?) female mini D-sub jack on the other? It is to be uese to connect my 15.1" Panasonic 16X9 LCD to my Panasonic TU-DST51 for use in another room (to run off of my main system).

Thanks,

Dave

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
I am not sure that you will accomplish what you want with a simple cable:

Your Panasonic STB is outputting Component Video. The LCD display is looking for an VGA signal.

VGA is RGB and RGB and Component are TWO different systems. You would have to put a transcoder bewteen the Panasonic STB and the LCD monitor.

A transcoder converts Component to VGA/RGB. Do a search for "TRANSCODER." There are companies that do make these and they run less than $300.

Lee

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lee,

the component video hookup for the LCD display uses the mini D-sub connector (probably because it takes up much less space than 3 RCA jacks) at the other end of the wires is are 3 standard RCA component video jacks, which would plug into the component video outputs of the TU-DST51. If your are still curious, go to Panasonic.com---customer support---owerners manuals---and search TC-15LT1.

Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.