AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did an audit of the LT150 and was very impressed. Still more expensive ($3600) here in Hong Kong then what can be found in the U.S. I have only so far seen it at the official dealer. Anyone from HK that knows were I can find it cheaper?

How important are the video cables for the picture quality? I will connect the LT150 by its component input. As the AX10 I have only have BNC connectors, I will go for a BNC-BNC cable (10 meter) and use BNC to RCA adapters on the LP150 side. Later I will probably replace the RCA connectors on the LP150. Any recommendation of a good video cable?

------------------

BR /// Rob

·
Registered
56 Posts
I made my RGB/component cable from Belden 7789A

30feet for about $45, and Kings new 2065 series BNC connectors for 1.45 each.

This cable is thick, made from 5 mini-RG59 1855A coax cables.

I used plain old gold-plated BNC to RCA adapters on the DVD player side, and HD15 connector on the projector side.

Since I used the 5 conductor cable, it can be used with a computer in the future.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I've built my own with by taking Quad-shield RG6 cable and terminating them with RG6 terminators and then used a F->RCA adaptor from Radio Shack to plug them into my devices.

Total cost for about 3 runs of 20 feet of cable: about $18.

The biggest cost in that is the adaptors from Radio Shack

Brian

------------------

Brian

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
work permit/ Htbuff, Thanks for the information!

BTW: the price for the LT150 is U$ 3600 here in HK. Not as I wrote 3600 more then the US list price.

------------------

BR /// Rob

·
Registered
37 Posts
I may have the most expensive cables available... try www.kimber.com for kimber kables. My "21" designation cable is 20 feet long and retails for about $1,000. I got it for about 1/3 of that through a close personal friend.

VERY VERY good cable, the best money can buy IMHO. What good does it do to spend a ton on projector/screen/dvd player/ speakers and then go to the $1/foot cables? I would think most people in here would be thinking even the "Monster" cables aren't good enough. Leave those to the rear projector freaks... er... those with 27" TVs.

Just my opinion.

·
Registered
350 Posts
bmwrob,

Do you know how much the Sanyo XP21N costs there in HK?

------------------

Walter

·
Registered
10 Posts
For your interest, in Cyprus I am using 3 cores of a fairly cheap locally supplied 5-core cable for my component connection from Nakamichi DVD player to Sanyo XP21. I am using AudiQuest gold plated RCAs on each end. The cost of the cable here in Cyprus is 2.50 CYpounds per metre (about $1.25 per foot?). The make is Tasker professional (not sure of the source - probably far east). My connection length is currently about 30 feet, although I have tried 75 feet with no visible degradation in picture quality viewing on 200 inch diagonal screen. It seems there is unlikely to be much benefit in going for very expensive cables.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Walter, I believe the price was HK$ 49.000 last time I checked.

John_Holmes (were have I heard that name before…) thanks for the information. I made a homemade breakout cable from three Camelot cores. Not cheap but the result was very good.

------------------

BR /// Rob

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.