AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, Monster 3 Component Video Cables is rated at 75ohm. Which is good. I will try not to settle for anything less than that but at a price tag of $89 I can get 2nd best.

Any recommendations?

------------------
http://www.ragingminds.com

Deals, Coupons & Freebies!

[This message has been edited by cow736 (edited 07-06-2001).]

·
Registered
71 Posts
Don't have time to search for you right now, but if you look in the old messages in this forum you will find a thread that asks the same thing. They had a suggestion for soem cables that where rates EXACLTY like the monster and the same constuction for $29

------------------

Chris

·
Registered
675 Posts
I second the RG6 suggestion. I've been using RG6 for quite some time. Monster can't touch the quality of a trio of RG6 cables, let alone the price.

·
Registered
56 Posts
It's best to get the length the same.

Exactly the same would be best.

Belden and others make "pre-timed" RGB cables for video, where the length when cut is near exact length for all conductors within the cable.

ie. if the Cb signal arrives after the Cr signal, your picture will degrade.

I made my own cables using Belden 7789A and BNC conectors.

This cable is .54" across!

·
Registered
801 Posts
For Foam dielectric, 15' would cause a displacement of about 1 HDTV picture element. 1.5' wouldn't make a noticable difference.

Bob Smith

·
Registered
651 Posts
I'm also checking out Multicore RGB cables today (RCAs) for my 10HT. 50ft. length. Looked up manufacturer Gepco.com 800-966-0069 and found that I can order from them directly. I think they charge around $3 per termination head. I got the VS32001 75ohm 18-gage cable with Canare RCAs today. They also have Switchcraft gold RCAs. Relatively inexpensive cables.

Compared with a custom end-to-end Canare branded cable from haveinc.com, I'm saving about $90.

Qualitywise, anybody got opinions?

[This message has been edited by JustinCheckin (edited 07-10-2001).]

·
Registered
779 Posts
3 rg6 cables with f to rca adapters. It might cost you 10 - 15 bucks and you can any custom length you want.

Regards,

Brian

·
512 Posts
i bought monster cables for my echostar 6000 hd-stb but recently found cables made by RCA which cost $30-40 for 12 feet length and i see no difference in picture quality. the wiz and target by me sell them. worth a try

·
Registered
651 Posts
Yeah, the RG6 cables by RCA are quality products in my opinion.

------------------

Justin

·
512 Posts
in case you were going to get them, try to get them at a Target store. i think they're cheaper for some reason. a 6 foot s-video cable cost $15 at the wiz and i think it was only $11 at Target.

the rca cable display at target was nearly cleaned out too, the only things left were coaxial cables and regular composite ones...nothing else but bare shelves

·
Registered
260 Posts
Yes. Get a smaller house you capitalist pigdog. ;-)

·
Registered
779 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Michael Mullis:
So what about those of us who need 25ft (8M). Any suggestions??

3 rg6 cables work great. I run 3 35ft runs.

Regards,

Brian

·
Registered
42 Posts
I use our AVS sponsers cable from www.bettercables.com. Did I ever see a difference in using the lousy ratshacks $49 component, they went back pronto!

I used www.better.cables.com cables, before I became a member here. You get what you pay for!

------------------

Gary Seven

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.