AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to help my father in law setup his home theater and the component video switching in the Denon 3802 seemed to add some noise to the picture. (it looked to be colored horizontal lines that would run up the picture)

We fed his 3802 2 component inputs (HD-DVD and Comcast HD) and have the component monitor output feeding a brand new 50 foot cable to the projector.

The lines appeared on both the HD-DVD feed and Comcast feed.

I don't think it's the cable as I can use the cable directly with the source and the image is perfect.

Is there a signal amplifier that would solve this issue?

Do I need to invest in a component video switch (like the CE Labs SW104HD) and not use the Denon for this?

Or should I just try to buy another receiver? (and sell this one to offset the cost)

His equipment:

Mitsubishi HC3000 projector

Denon 3802 receiver

Toshiba HD-A3 player

Motorola Comcast HD box

Thanks for any help!!!

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Chances are its a ground loop. Unplug the feed cable for the Comcast, if it goes away then its a ground loop. You can buy a ground loop eliminator for the input cable at Radio Shack type places.

·
Registered
49 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Moschella /forum/post/12961662

Chances are its a ground loop. Unplug the feed cable for the Comcast, if it goes away then its a ground loop. You can buy a ground loop eliminator for the input cable at Radio Shack type places.

Diddo, especially if they are green and purple.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts