AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone point me to a component video and Digital source audio switcher??

I've got this delima where I have 3 HD Devices and only 1 component High resolution input on my TV...

I'm sure there has got too be something out there...

Brad

·
Registered
996 Posts
This looks great. I have a Denon 5800 which has 4 components inputs and my projector handles 2. Who would ever think that I would use them all so fast. I need this box. But how much?

-Jym-

·
Registered
996 Posts
I called and got a price of $895.00 list. Wonder what I could get one for? I really would not be willing to pay for than $400.00 for this box. Probably beyond what I am willing to pay.

Wonder what is really involved in building a switch.

-Jym-

·
Registered
361 Posts
I use a radio shack manual 4 source a/v selector switch. It 's mechanical so bandwidth isn't compromised. I detect no degradation in the hdtv output of my dish 6000, my HTPC or my Dreamcast going thru the switch. I have to get up to switch component sources,but for $20 it does the trick.

·
Registered
361 Posts
The RS switch switches 3 signals for each source, which are intended to be Composite, Audio L, and Audio R. If you are skeptical about the quality, try this as a temporary solution I suspect that you will discover, as have others, that this switch does NOT degrade the signal. I am not the only one on this forum who uses this solution to switch high quality sources.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Paul K
I use a radio shack manual 4 source a/v selector switch. It 's mechanical so bandwidth isn't compromised. I detect no degradation in the hdtv output of my dish 6000, my HTPC or my Dreamcast going thru the switch. I have to get up to switch component sources,but for $20 it does the trick.
It's on sale for $14.95

·
Registered
996 Posts
I am just using this to switch between Dreamcast with RGB component converter and PS2. Hopefully I will be adding XBox and possibily GC if there is a component option soon.

Thanks,

-Jym-

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.