AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for an Onkyo receiver, I am really wanting the 696. But there was a deal where I could get a 595 for $209.

My wife really wanted for to save $300 and get the 595, my problem started when she asked why I need the 696. I told her I wanted Component Video Switching. She said" What the [email protected] is that?

Could someone come up with an explanation that my wife would understand??

Thanks guys

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, bnut I read that entire article yesterday and still had trouble converting it to "Wife Lingo"

Thanks again...

·
Registered
410 Posts
Tell her that one of the things your receiver does is route Video Information from the different devices you have to your screen.

Tell her to think of that Video Information as people, and your receiver as a traffic cop at an intersection. This traffic cop, when told to by your remote control will direct one lane of traffic or the other to the TV. Some times it directs small cars "VCR" which holds just a few people, and at other times it directs a Bus "DVD" which has even more people and hence even better picture quality. Now Let her know that the newest DVD Players and other devices have so much information that they use Trains with huge passanger cars to hall all those people. You now need a Super Traffic Cop that can not only direct traffic, but can even switch railroad tracks and direct these trains to the TV ...

Dang, I just talked myself into justifying buying a receiver that will switch Component Video...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.