AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can the Panny PT-300U support "component video through the HD15"?

The reason I'm asking is because I have an extra video source (my ReplayTV 5160) and I am already using my two component ins on my receiver. If I could send component video through the VGA/PC/HD15 port on the Panny 300U, I could then solve the problem by buying and using the " Belden 1522A VGA to Component Video Cable " from Blue Jeans Cables.

Has anyone already done this?

·
Registered
172 Posts
BMAG, just curious have you verified this and did indeed not work? according to the manual on page 61, the modes HDTV60/HDTV50 accepts component or vga so it would lead you to believe that no transcoder is needed. am i wrong? of course if this is true, then markito would have to connect his hi-def source to vga and replaytv goes to the receiver instead. and a cheaper cable can be had from other places (eg: $12 for 6 ft. bnc to vga at cablewholesale.com - need bnc to rca connectors too).

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by chingko
BMAG, just curious have you verified this and did indeed not work? according to the manual on page 61, the modes HDTV60/HDTV50 accepts component or vga so it would lead you to believe that no transcoder is needed. am i wrong? of course if this is true, then markito would have to connect his hi-def source to vga and replaytv goes to the receiver instead. and a cheaper cable can be had from other places (eg: $12 for 6 ft. bnc to vga at cablewholesale.com - need bnc to rca connectors too).
The VGA input on the PT-L200U/300U only accepts RGB signals, not Y,PB,PR (aka component) signals. A transcoder is necessary to convert Y, PB,PR to RGB. This has been discussed in some other threads:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...er#post2526586
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...ght=transcoder

After I posted in this thread I saw THIS THREAD , which mentions a

·
Registered
172 Posts
BMAG,

Thanks for the clarification. One more question, so my education for today is complete. I learned a lot and continue to learn from this forum. The cables mentioned above (breakout I guess is what they're called) are only used if the source is vga out and display is component in, not the other way around. Is that right?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.