AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen a cable that connects component video (like out of a dvd player) to 15-pin RGB connector. Can you use this to connect a progressive DVD to a PJ like the LT150 or is the RGB connection on the PJ just for computer video input. I am just trying to find out how to get the best video out of a progressive DVD without a HTPC.

My other thought was to get the DVDO iScan pro and run an interlaced DVD through that, then I can get RGB from the DVDO to the PJ. Also, that gives me a way to get my Laserdisc images doubled.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
See this thread for useful discussion on the topic:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...threadid=89903

Short answer is yes, you can get a component to VGA cable which will let you use a progressive player. For the ultimate in PQ, consensus is to go HTPC. If you have a large LD collection, the DVDO iScan Plus V2 may be the best option (but is supposedly of lesser overall quality than dedicated progressive DVD or HTPC). I don't believe you really need the Pro. If you have money (and time) to burn, get an HTPC which I think could also be used to line-double your S-Video LD player.

Scott

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.