AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have an experience comparing picture quality between using the component video input and the DVI input on a Hitachi SWX/TWX series HDTV? The reason I ask is that I'm enjoying my receiver which outputs the OSD via component video, and I don't have to deal with DVI switch to accomodate more than one input. Coupled with the fact that any receiver with DVI switching is in the stratophere for price, I'm trying to assess the necessity to go DVI.

If I take a step back on this issue, I'd have to be honest and say the picture quality with my Panasonic CP72 DVD and my Hitachi via component is probably more than adequate for my needs. However some videophiles hear are saying the difference between component and DVI is like VHS to DVD. I'm wondering if maybe the difference might be effected by the quality of the display device. I think my Hitachi has something like 1280 lines of resolution and does true 1080i HD. Is there really going to be a night and day difference on HDTV and DVD using DVI over component?

I'm really interested to hear from fellow Hitachi users.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Hi - wrong forum. You want the RPTV forum, this is for CRT front projectors. Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.