AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure that has been discussed before, but I want to hear some current reactions now that the 567 have made its way to several homes including mine :D

I have been testing DVI and component on SD and HD broadcasts, and they seem very close to one another. What has been your experience with the inputs?

On another note, has anyone used the new (relatively) Gefen DVI switcher ($250)? How is it working?

Thanks

David

·
Registered
845 Posts
Many have commented on how close the component and DVI are on the Sammy. I did a test yesterday, and did a complete cal on the PC input from my laptop, on my friends untouched 507. This is actually a really cool monitor to use for your computer. Using it as my laptop's monitor, I was able to use the automated grayscale wizard through the ColorFacts software. The cal went very quickly, and came out great. DVD from my laptop looked great. Then I went in component with test patterns at 720P from a signal generator. Nowhere near, you definitely have to do PC last if you are using VGA, but I definitely recommend this set for HTPC. The only bummer is not having more DVI inputs. It is tough to choose which source to dedicate to it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.