AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have hooked up my Directv HDTV satellite receiver to my Hi-Definition Projector via the Component connections and the picture is stunning. However am I loosing quality by not hooking it up via the RGBVH? Or is the component connection just as good, but sync's off of the Green ranther than having a separate horizontal and vertical sync? Thanks for any input

·
Registered
904 Posts
It seems there are two issues here.

Q. is it better to hook your sat recvr via RGB or component?

A. the best way to hook it up is with whatever the recvr supports out of the box. If you're using the RCA DTC-100, then the best connection will be VGA(RGBHV) because it doesn't involve any 3rd part converters. (assuming your TV can accept such a signal)

Q. Is RGB better than component.

A. Well, I'm going to make a guess on this one. The common consensus seems to say that the two are equal in quality. Arguments can be made either way. DVDs are recorded in the component colorspace so there may be some advantage to keeping them that way. I'm not sure about HD.

OTOH, RGBHV carries all signals on separate wires which may minimize interference and make a slightly better picture.

jake

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.