AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All ,
I'm fairly new to this - ive been browsing the rooms here and other audio sites for hours and could use a bit of advice. I think this is the right section but let me know if I messed up.

I am trying to set up a basic audio system for music listening and movies and have some components that I picked up from different places and not sure how they all go together or the best course of action. I have a pair of audio-engine a2 speakers, a Energy s8.3 subwoofer, an old pioneer vsx-d9035 receiver, and a Triad inroom bronze powersub. Lets say you had these components and wanted to spend under $500 dollars to make the best sounding system you could - what would you do? Are any of the components I have decent or worth keeping? Can involve getting rid of stuff, swapping things, or if you think im better off just getting rid of all this stuff and starting over im open to that as well. I am thinking I need bigger speakers than the a2's as I like to listen to loud music and they dont seem to fill the room very well. I was also thinking of going with powered speakers like the krk rokit 6 - would either of teh sub's I have work well with those speakers? I guess im kind of lost and could use some help with this. Any advice and opinions are appreciated. Thanks for your time,
Jacob

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Hey All ,
I'm fairly new to this - ive been browsing the rooms here and other audio sites for hours and could use a bit of advice. I think this is the right section but let me know if I messed up.

I am trying to set up a basic audio system for music listening and movies and have some components that I picked up from different places and not sure how they all go together or the best course of action.

I have a pair of audio-engine a2 speakers, a Energy s8.3 subwoofer, an old pioneer vsx-d9035 receiver, and a Triad inroom bronze powersub.

Lets say you had these components and wanted to spend under $500 dollars to make the best sounding system you could - what would you do?

Are any of the components I have decent or worth keeping? Can involve getting rid of stuff, swapping things, or if you think im better off just getting rid of all this stuff and starting over im open to that as well.

I am thinking I need bigger speakers than the a2's as I like to listen to loud music and they dont seem to fill the room very well.

I was also thinking of going with powered speakers like the krk rokit 6 - would either of teh sub's I have work well with those speakers? I guess im kind of lost and could use some help with this. Any advice and opinions are appreciated. Thanks for your time,
Jacob
I find no details about the Pioneer Receiver, other than a blurry front picture. Looks like a 100W (or so) multichannel (5.1 maybe 7.1) device. It should be sufficient.

My 'step 1' would be to acquire some proper Left/Right front speakers and attach them to the receiver. Others should have recommendations on that. The receiver provides power to the speakers, active speakers not required. I'm not into multichannel listening, I'd consider the front left and right (stereo) to be enough (for me).

The Triad appears to me to be the better sub. I could be wrong.

Keep the AudioEngine A2 for use in another small system or for use with computer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts