AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I'm finally unready to make my big PC upgrade.

I had long been waiting for my killer app - software that will allow for copying DVDs to hard drive without loss of quality. So now I'm looking for an HTPC that will allow me to 1) watch DVDs on my HDTV using progressive scan, component output. 2) record SDTV with minimal if any quality loss 3) eventually do some digital video editing of camcorder footage 4) play my MP3s through my stereo system

Really, I'd love to be able to use the PVR to record HDTV, but I'm not sure that's possible given that my only access to a high-definition signal is through the five scrambled high-definition channels offered to me by Time Warner cable. Of course, if there are graphics cards that can somehow descramble a scrambled cable high-definition signal, that would truly be fantastic.

Any suggestions on what specific graphics card, input/output card, and processor I will need will be greatly appreciated.

PS

the software over using two "back up" my DVDs is DVD Xcopy and DVD Copy Plus. Both can be found at 321studios.com

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.