AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting my Panny 20U next week. I'm very excited about it! I'm trying to gather the necessary harware to hook it up to my AV components. My question is about the quality of the vedio cables. There is a large range of cables out there. Do I go for the most expensive ones, the cheapest ones, or something in between? I'd appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!

·
Registered
579 Posts
If you plan to get the HD cable box from Comcast; they will bring you a 6 feet RCA to RCA component cable which is included in the $30 installation fee. For short distance like 3 feet most people feel that the inexpensive cables work just as well as the expensive one. I have a 3 ' Radioshack gold video/audio cable which worked perfectly for component input. I can't see any difference in PQ when switched to the expensive ones that I have tried. Spend money on a good DVD player but not the cables is my recommendation.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Reasonably priced good quality cables can be had at rhinocables.com and bluejeanscables.com

The radioshack cables are ok but the ones above are better and not that much more money. I haven't compared the RadioShack directly with my BlueJeanscables. However, comparing my original RadioShack to my BetterCables.com component cables I believe the BetterCables did improve my picture quality.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.